We had the most wonderful trip with Experience It in Morocco. In a sense Morocco is a mystery, you just don’t know what to expect. It has such diversity of landscapes, such hospitable and happy people, and a creative and sophisticated culture not widely known.
The following points must be noted:
- Youssef’s passion for his country was contagious. He knew what we should see and he explained the history and architecture in detail. He was a skilful driver and a very supportive guide.
- The luxury and comfort of the accommodation. Our hosts were always attentive and generous.
- The excellent food at the Riads and the restaurants.
- The great Cooking Class in Fes with memories of shopping for ingredients in the medina, and meeting fellow travellers and eating our creations.
- The interesting and stimulating visits and sites, such as Volubilis and other ruins and mosques.
The only weakness was the Pottery Workshop in Marrakesh. After the visit to the Pottery Production workshop and retail outlet in Fes, this was totally unacceptable for tourists to practice pottery. There were difficult narrow stairs to climb, nowhere to sit, dusty surfaces, crumbling bricks, and no toilet facilities. The seating at the pottery wheel required climbing up onto a bench and slipping down into a seat. Only one of our party could manage this. The local guide had to translate all communication, and should not have assumed a pottery tutor role. The host was genuine and skilled but the facility was not up to the standard or everything else in the trip. This is the only negative.
Morocco Tours served us very well, from the initial enquiry to the wealth of information provided and the efficient management of our planning.
Thank you for what can only be described as the best overseas trip I have made in my life.