We had a fabulous time in Morocco! Here are some highlights…
– The town of Fez. We loved walking around the Medina and visiting the various craftsman – leather workers, ceramics factory, embroidery workers etc. It was a unique and special experience.
– Staying in the Sahara Desert in a tented camp. It was amazing to take a camel ride over the dunes to see the sunset, to walk alone in the early dawn and see animal tracks and the patterns in the sand, sit next to the brazier after the staff had left the camp, look at the night sky and be alone in the middle of the desert as we were the only people in the camp for the night.
– Our guide, Rad. He was so personable, intelligent, knowledgable, had a great sense of humor. We were so glad to have him with us for the entire trip, develop a relationship with him and learn about what is it like to be a Moroccan, about the culture, customs, Islam, everyday life etc. He enhanced our trip immeasurably
– Riad Kniza in Marrakesh. One of the loveliest place we have ever stayed. The entire Riad is beautifully decorated and furnished, with excellent service and food. We enjoyed the skilled musicians during dinnertime and our room was beautiful. The bedroom had a domed ceiling with ornate plasterwork, lovely pillows, furniture and strewn with rose petals. We also enjoyed the hammam.
– Hotel Le Doge in Casablanca which is in art deco style with each room uniquely furnished and excellent food.
-Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca.
Our driver, Hassani, was punctual, very polite and could negotiate rush hour traffic in Casablanca with aplomb. Glad we were not driving!
We would highly recommend your company! In the future we may consider a trip to Tunisia. Thanks for a great vacation!
Pam, David, & Isabel (USA), March 2014